Elmer Blogger

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Celebrity sightings

Hong Kong is too small for you to miss important people and those who feel they are.

My list is composed of singers, actors, politicians, broadcasters and those in between.

Nanette Medved - The original Dyesebel in Philippine movies, she appeared in television as a fine actress when I was in high school. Now settled with her businessman husband and a young son, I ocassionally see her at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church where I began attending while I lived nearby. Obviously she saw me already because I also act as lector on some Sundays, but who cares.

Rosemarie Vandenbroucke - Among the most prominent models in Hong Kong, the 22 year old Rosemary has French, Russian and Chinese ancestry whose beauty is comparable with fellow Eurasian Reika Hashimoto and graced many of the product launches and socialite parties as seen on paparazzi magazines Hong Kong people often read. I saw her at Electric Road near the office, walking with a guy. We stayed close waiting for the pedestrian light.

Maggie Q - The familiar face you see in Wall's Ice Cream commercial. Beautiful even if she is already in her 20s. While walking underneath the HSBC HQ building in Central, she passed in front of me. I did not pay too much attention but the Filipinas around immediately recognized her.

Rain Li - This is a female singer/actress, though a former officemate at PCCW (a guy) has also similar name (guess what's the most unusual name in Hong Kong). She looks good standing on a stage at a promotional tour in Causeway Bay. I was on my way to Catholic Centre to hear Mass with Karen. Thankfully, the sight did not disrupt my plans.

Aaron Kwok - A singer who has also several endorsements (I only remember Pepsi). I saw him with the parade during 2002 Chinese New Year celebrations in Tamar Site, Admiralty.

Charlene Choi - The other half of the group Twins (with Gillian Chung), at HMV in Causeway Bay. I was listening to Maroon 5 when a little commotion ensued. There I saw her, rhetorically we brushed elbows, and that was it. It was shocking to see her colored hair.

Mark Niu - Starworld anchor of the show FocusAsia, he is also a Catholic who hears Mass at Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

Nick Waters - ATV World newscaster, he was found asking a local Chinese for directions in front of Manulife Tower in Electric Road.

Anne Marie Sim - After office I caught up with her exiting Tin Hau MTR Station going to the direction towards Victoria Park.

Joe Cairns - Starworld colleague of Mark Niu and favorite anchor of Jun, he hears Mass at St Vincent Church in Clearwater Bay. I happen to be there singing for SFC choir organized by Jay and Karen.

Jenny Lam - I did not know Jenny Lam of TVB is the wife of Joe Cairns and has a couple of young children. She is a newscaster who alternates with Diana Lin, James Chau, Regina de Luna and Chris Lincoln at TVB Pearl.

Kym Leo - I was told by Jun he always come across this lady who is also from the broadcasting agency and I was quick to tease him of fate and destiny. One day also I got to see her in person, while taking dinner at can*teen in ifc after the Reloaded Conference.

Tony Sabine - The flamboyant ATV World sportscaster was caught in a hurry passing by the bus stop nearby Wan Chai's Southorn Playground.

Teresa Cheung - The sexy fortysomething socialite who often hogged the headlines with her bickering with former lover Kenny B in public. I queued after her her buying CDs in HMV Central. I can laugh to myself how the elderly HK folks pretending not to see her, yet flashing those sharp looks when she's on her back.

I want to see

Lee Sinje - Is she a Malaysian? I thought she is beautiful yet her beauty can always be stared on without feeling boredom. I watched her movie A-1 with ex-officemate Jacqueline and she also likes the actress.

Jackie Chan - Before I came to Hong Kong, it was a dream to meet him. Though when someone in the office or a local friend will know, he or she will say he/she hates Mr Chan for a variety of reasons from redundant storylines in his movies to his murky personal life.

Miriam Quiambao - The 1999 Miss Universe first runner up representing.. of course. I knew she settled here a few years ago after she got married but I got no idea where she lives here.

Cathy Yang - Just like Miriam, Cathy is also a Filipina who looks more like a typical Singaporean or Hong Kong Chinese. She works in Bloomberg.

Mango Wong - A HK actress/singer who may be obscure at the moment but I always liked to look at that Optical88 poster, let alone in person.

Kelly Chen - The only music CD I got from any Cantopop artist is her "Red" album.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home