Elmer Blogger

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

And Barbie's Cradle Becomes A History

As I recall their music from my MD, from Hungry Young Poets to Barbie's Cradle, Barbie Almalbis never loses touch of the way she plays her music. And after eight years spending with bandmates, this time she prefers to stay solo and unobstructed. She may be changing manager but probably not the triumphant progressive folk music she often refers to the type of genre her former group belongs.

I guess this is not something the audience would treat as a surprise. It's in fact a long overdue event to happen. Just as Beyonce Knowles, Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie, Robbie Williams and Rob Thomas pursued solo careers, Barbie should deserve some break after being in equal footing with fellow bandmates.

Probably, I will keep tuning to my rickety MD or my two albums of Barbie's Cradle (Music From Buffet Table and Playing in the Fields) to imagine as if the band never separated and until she comes with a new album of her own. Till then, Barbie's Cradle will become history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home