Elmer Blogger

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Christmas homecoming

After 16 months I am again back in Davao, now for the first time to celebrate my birthday in 4 years. It has been a nice homecoming of sorts for me. Not only meet my family and friends, I also get to have a break from the frenetic Hong Kong office pace. After all it's Christmas and everyone should have a break. Too bad the holiday scheduling does not favor office workers as Christmas Day and New Year's Day falls on a weekend. Same for next year.

It is also my first time to step into the new terminal of Davao International Airport which is better looking and more spacious than the Manila Domestic. I had a sleepless night at MD while waiting for the 4:30am flight to Davao. The flight never commenced until 5:30am. That is why it is easy to justify Cebu Pacific modified its disclaimer from 'On time, all the time' to 'On time, over 95% of the time'; too bad we belonged to that less than 5% slice. The good thing is that we reached Davao safe and a lot of hours to spare for a lazy Sunday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home