Elmer Blogger

Sunday, April 03, 2005

My Personal Billboard



As a music fan I can't last a day without listening a variation of songs from various sources: Internet MP3's, Hong Kong Central Library, Yahoo! Launch or my personal collection of CD's and tapes. Along the years my music influences have changed, not evolved. When I was a kid during the new wave era, I and my brother Erwin loved to watch the videos of Billy Ocean, Andy Gibb, Elton John, INXS and were drawn into liking the music of Michael Jackson (Erwin used to dance Billy Jean in early grade school, right?), Madonna (I especially liked La Isla Bonita when I was in Grade Six), then later in High School Debbie Gibson, A-ha, Depeche Mode, Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer. In college, I got hooked to Seattle, British rock, Santa Barbara music and lots of Pinoy bands (Pearl Jam, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Gin Blossoms, Pantera, Weezer, Radiohead, Cranberries, U2, Eraserheads, Rivermaya, The Youth, Yano and Live) thanks to Kle, . After graduation the re emergence of new wave had me glued to the likes of The Vapors, Alphaville, Human League, OMD, China Crisis and The Cure. Then later it was the turn of the boy bands and pop groups, 'Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Pet Shop Boys, Savage Garden and Lighthouse Family. When I came to Hong Kong I had few influences as I need to either download music or buy a CD; there is no English FM station in Hong Kong. So until now I can listen to Josh Groban, True Faith, Kelly Chen, Linkin Park, hordes of Japanese trance music and Enya. So of all these artists and the music they produce I have come up with my own list of top 70 songs I love. All time.

1. How Can I Fall - Breathe
2. You Won't See Me Crying - Passage
3. Something's Always Wrong - Toad the Wet Sprocket
4. Cemetery Gates - Pantera
5. Saving All the Love - Candi and the Backbeat
6. Close to You - Whigfield
7. Sky Fits Heaven - Madonna
8. Selfish - The Other Two
9. True Faith - New Order
10. Liquid - Jars of Clay
11. Fly from Heaven - Toad the Wet Sprocket
12. Where Does My Heart Beat Now - Celine Dion
13. Luke Ritenour - Dreamwalking
14. Never My Love - Kathy Trocolli
15. Rent - Pet Shop Boys
16. It's Dark and I'm Lonely - Barbie's Cradle
17. Alaala - True Faith
18. Lovesong - The Cure
19. Moving on Without You - Hikaru Utada
20. The One I Love - REM
21. Dumb - Garbage
22. Girlfriend - Julia Fordham
23. La Isla Bonita - Madonna
24. Fastlove - George Michael
25. Fairground - Simply Red
26. Far Away - Chantal Kreviazuk
27. World on Fire - Sarah Mclachlan
28. Give Me a Chance - Ric Sigreto
29. Forever Blue - Swingout Sisters
30. Cruising For Bruising - Basia
31. Ain't That Unusual - Goo Goo Dolls
32. Do You Love Me - Clair Marlo
33. She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
34. Rearviewmirror - Pearl Jam
35. Feel Like Dance - Globe
36. The End of Innocence - Bruce Hornsby
37. Never My Love - The Associations
38. Found Out About You - Gin Blossoms
39. Breaking The Habit - Linkin Park
40. Love is Contagious - Taja Seville
41. Foolish Beat - Debbie Gibson
42. Wild Child - Enya
43. Possession Obsession - Hall and Oates
44. Milk (Wicked Mix) - Garbage
45. You On My Mind - Swingout Sisters
46. Kissing A Fool - George Michael
47. I Wasn't The One - Agnetha Faltskog and Peter Cetera
48. Lonely Won't Leave Me Alone - Glenn Medeiros
49. Sam - Olivia Newton-John
50. The Sweetest Days - Vanessa Williams
51. Do I Need A Reason - D'Sound
52. Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
53. Giliw - Regine Velasquez
54. Something New In My Life - Stephen Bishop
55. Need To Be Next to You - Leigh Nash
56. Live and Learn - The Cardigans
57. Stay - U2
58. Strangelove - Depeche Mode
59. (Alone - Cantonese) - Kelly Chen
60. Lucky Love - Ace of Base

0 Comments:



<< Home