Elmer Blogger

Saturday, June 11, 2005

The Team Leader

The last time I had a decent post as a leader was in high school. I was the intelligence officer of our Citizens Army Training corps. At the same year, I was also the President of the Lectors Club, a group of students who take turns in reading in the Sunday afternoon and Wednesday's Our Lady of Perpetual Help masses at Immaculate Conception Parish. Oh, well I also became an Editor in Chief at our school paper, a root cause of why I have become addicted to writing/blogging for little or no apparent reason.

In between those years in oblivion and today, I was never able to lead a group except in 2002 when I co-led Singles For Christ Hong Kong's Global One with Shasha Sarmiento. I have been four years in the community and I can say my spiritual growth is rather slow. It's kinda topsy turvy rollercoaster ride so far. At times I battle depression and at times I inspire a few. I just wonder where do I get picked up someday. I admit I struggle with dealing with things though I try the best to keep my day in order. But when the call to serve was presented to my table, I did not know why I never had any hesitation to say yes. The chance was there for the taking, the opportunity to render service I sorely lacked, in my opinion. So being a team leader in the coming Christian Life Program should be a good test of my character.

I have worries, I have doubts. And as leader, these qualities should not prevail, for they entice mutiny among my subordinates. I feel sorry for being temperamental. Or maybe misinterpreted as such. That is why I rather confide to myself things that I think will bring more harm than good if I divulge it to someone. At times, I am pretty much troubled perhaps of future plans, settling down, career advancement, but I keep the boat upright for ultimately I have only myself to hang on here in Hong Kong. God is up there though.

As I embark this new challenge, I hope I get enough strength from Above. I admit I pretend to be strong but I am weak. I hope Jay, Zandro and Kuya Elmer will be there when I need someone to look up to. Or Junjun and Arme in case I unfortunately break down or get caught up in the office.

I just hope and pray I will live up to expectations and never put down the persons who believed in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home