Elmer Blogger

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Birthday

For the first time in five years I have celebrated my birthday at home in Davao City. My movement to various places in recent years made it difficult to come home for my birthday: losing job twice, probation at work and left behind on my flight were the precise reasons.

The event was simpler than in 2002 where I had quite a number of friends from college, childhood peers and family and neighbors. As we grew older the set circle of friends seem to be wider but the problem of not making it to the party starts when family commitments become the priority; many of my friends are married as well as away from home and settled elsewhere. Which makes it difficult to gather for certain ocassions. The best gathering could have been in 2002.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home