Elmer Blogger

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Anybody out there?

Hey, thanks for dropping by and reading my web log!

I have been blogging for the past 10 months and so far as tracked traffic would explain, I barely get anyone read it. No one's talking about it, no one's linking to it. Of course. Why would someone NOT link to my articles?

1. It is purely personal and I am not a celebrity that one has to keep track of what I am doing on a daily basis. That is true because just like the multitudes out there, I want to post something that I have in mind. I gave up writing for my diary in favor of this so when this sites bogs down irreparably, my logs are doomed. But then again, the more I write the more I reveal my personality. The more one gets to know me. Be it my peers at SFC, my childhood buddies, contacts at Friendster or anyone who types in my name on a search engine.

2. There is little or nothing interesting in what I say. Who is interested in Laika, the Soviet Union's poster model for animal cruelty, or search engine optimization or an assumption of Steve Nash as a Filipino or simply what I notice about those crappy Citybus ads about slimming? Yes, topics vary from almost any topic not needing a censor. These articles revolve around my mind and at some point need to be shared from. My brain's got a little data mining on regular intervals and each exhaustive process produces somewhat interesting pieces of facts.

3. There are better appealing blogs out there. Blogs that cater to a specific genre, something that I personally am unable to provide. Major league baseball history, taking care of your bonsai or traveling in Andes, to name a few. If I attempt to do so, what would it be? Should I build a blog about my lunchbox during the week? (Day 1: Never-dying corned beef, Day 2: My home-cooked pinakbet, Day 3: Fried fish, Day 4: Fried noodles, ordered by Carmen, my cubicle neighbor, Day 5: Chicken filet) Can't do that, man. I want it 36% trivial, 30% personal, 34% combination of little things too many to mention.

4. There are many things to prioritize than reading ewc21. Yeah, sorry for being too demanding, but before I ask someone to read it, I must read my blog first and see if it's worth publishing. There are things to do ahead of ewc21 such as cleaning your car, updating your diary or formatting your hard drive.

Hopefully the next time I update my blog, you will come back and read it, or else (insert the sound of Homer Simpson straggling Bart: 'You li'l....').

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home