Elmer Blogger

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Keane's Music

I'd like to personally recommend rock band Keane's album Hopes and Fears. While I haven't spent much time doing the reviews, I feel this album is the best since being overwhelmed by Sarah Mclachlan's Afterglow album released a year ago.

The wails of Tom Chaplin hits me on the spot on songs such as This is the Last Time and Bend and Break. Their melody is comparable to Radiohead and Coldplay but has its own creative identity. Bass and keyboards combination works well in this three-man band.

I can't remember owning an album that I love listening to all the songs. This is an exception. While 'Everybody's Changing', 'Bend and Break' and 'This is the Last Time' are regulars in many rock alternative playlists, my emerging favorite is the unorthodoxy 'Untitled 1' track.

Hopefully I made a convincing case. Try listening to Keane and if you like the songs, we share one more common interest.

Song of the season: My My My (Rob Thomas)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home