Elmer Blogger

Monday, October 10, 2005

Exploring Tokyo, Japan

The first and last few days in Tokyo is definitely memorable to me. The mornings have been rained out and plans of going to Hama-rikyu have fizzled out. Nevertheless I was never idle in this beautiful city.

I have brushed elbows with anime stars and expressive individuals at Harajuku, went contemplative at Ueno Park and Meiji Shrine, realized the expensive but delicious soba and tempura servings in Roponggi Hills and gazing at the huge Tokyo Tower as well as Yokohama's Clock Tower.

I also met Singles For Christ Tokyo friends along with Jun, who served as my host here in Shinjuku-ku. The feeling of Hong Kong winter has swept in me as the rain continued to pour over the whole day of walking and exploring.

In a day called Sports Day in Tokyo's calendar of holidays, free-wheeling Tokyoites roam the vast expanses of streets, in a neat array of transparent umbrellas as I noticed them in Omotesando's streets.

Tomorrow is another day of exploring, probably more challenging as I am doing the job on my own instead of shadowing Jun's footsteps. Trekking the subway has been a major challenge apart from reading instructions in Japanese and asking for directions. Insofar as my short unbiased thinking is concerned, Japanese people are very corteous, in fact quite different from those in Hong Kong, apart from their utmost discipline with garbage segregation which earned my highest praises.

I love Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home