Elmer Blogger

Monday, November 28, 2005

Davao Is It!

Whoa, SEA Games hostilities is underway and I am too proud to relay the news that one of the early gold medals won by the Philippines is from Davao City girls.

Divers Sheila Mae Perez and Ceseil Domeinos teamed up to bag the 3-m synchronized diving gold at the Trace College Aquatics Center in Laguna. Ceseil's brother Zardo won the bronze in men's 1-m springboard competition.

Davao City is a powerhouse in many sports disciplines such as football and swimming; Davao's Alamara brothers Ali, Norton and Frazier contributed to the Philippines' first medal in the Games -- a silver in water polo.

Lee Van Corteza, who lives not far from my Davao City home, is campaigning for billiards and a cyclist in the national pool is from Davao City as well.

While I am very critical of the organizers, I have all my praises to the athletes who will serve as inspiration to the Filipino people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home