Elmer Blogger

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Defining Moment

Almost five years ago saw me leaving Philweb.com in Cagayan de Oro which was arguably the place I found the best colleagues in the industry.

Laid back life vs the hustle in the Big City, I chose the latter. I gave up the weekend Starcraft games with Edward, Alex, Candice, Roy, Shelley, Rizza and Chui. I had to give up the dinners together at someone's place or at a nearby open air seafood restaurant.

Cagayan de Oro's simplistic life is what I longed for. The jeepney ride from my aunt's house takes 25 minutes. My lunch is prepared at my choice of food. Or we order at a neighbor's home made green bean vegetable or young jackfruit in coconut milk.

My weekends are spent with my neice, nephews and cousins, watch TV, explore the Gaisano and Limketkai and regularly do the grocery chores.

If I want to go to Davao I take the overnight bus and reach home by 8am, fall asleep until noon and talk to my folks later. I take the bus back to Cagayan de Oro at 12 noon Sunday and by 9pm, I am in bed preparing for work the next day.

I miss going to San Agustin church where often times I am alone, standing at the doorsteps. Or at Xavier University's serene location. I also miss walking around Cogon Market where I still find myself lost at times, looking for R1 route to get back home.

Of course I miss my dutiful relatives who never let me feel I was away from Mintal. And friends who at times remind me of my wonderful grade school peers.

All in the name of opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home