Elmer Blogger

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Reminiscing Computer Center

My first employer is the UIC Computer Center. After graduation at UIC I thought my direct ties with the University ended there; I was moved from a student to a worker. Working at Comcen provided enough knowledge and a good training ground at the time. While employed as programmer I also did teach for Computer Science students. But after three years I decided it was time to move on and face new challenges. Leaving behind Boss Randy, Michael, Tammy, Jovy and Onat, I went to Cagayan de Oro, Manila and eventually Hong Kong.

Now after four years and four companies after UIC Computer Center, I come back to meet the old folks for a short chit chat in time for Christmas. We (Noel, Onat, Maricar, Boss, Brendon, Alden, Michael and me) gathered at Matina Town Square reminiscing about the old days (ref issue, the training center and plans for Hong Kong Disneyland visit next year). It was fun though short-lived; with families to take care, the group dispersed shortly before midnight. The meeting was worthwhile and much better than our exchanges at Yahoogroups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home