Elmer Blogger

Monday, April 11, 2005

Reloading Myself


I have been missing household meetings in a record number. To compound the problem I have been hesitant to consider my South Horizons flat a host to the group's fortnightly meeting. I feel guilty being a member of SFC for the past 4 years whose growth was stunted by my own restrictions, lack of self confidence and over consciousness of what other have to say.

I also have concerns on leadership that I am unable to lead a group. That is why I was never handed as a household head in our small male group. I would say there are many times I feel dryness in faith and that I get to sleep the prayer time away.

Then came the SFC Reloaded Conference. Just a few days ago, I had unloaded myself with the trouble that has been keeping me awake for nights. And the after effect dealt some traces of my somber or somewhat my old stubborn self. Couple that with after-midnight recessional at the office and you can imagine how I look like. That should be enough to call a weekend rest since I also went to the office the day before and my laundry needs some attention and clothes need to be ironed out and the shopping list gets longer.

But I decided to come. Travelling from South Horizons to any typical venue is a pain to me in the pocket and in time. But I had to come. I have missed a lot of gatherings such as prayer meetings, household meetings and notably Christmas parties and the Family Conference last year and the Sportsfest too!

And it was such a time worth spending to be with everyone in the community plus get to meet new people in the SFC. The games, talks and the opprtunity to be a worship leader is rewarding. As usual the part I enjoy very much is the penultimate praise and worship portion. I was reloaded with faith and enthusiasm about being a member of Singles For Christ that the night itself I made the news
http://www.sfc-hongkong.org/news/?id=8568

So I would say I needed a sizeable dose of these spiritual inputs to keep me going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home