Elmer Blogger

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Year of the bloggers

2004 has been a year of the bloggers with the consensus Word of the Year: blog.

Now I wake up and all I could do after waking up at quarter to 10 is do the blogging; it is my first official business in 2005. Temperatures here dropped to below 10C overnight and the coldest day of the year's winter may be today.

New year brings us to a fresh start with new resolutions, new or reorganized plans. I don't have mine because I keep on listing down my 'to dos' on a weekly basis. I just want to keep it that way.

And with New Year ushered by Filipinos in a completely different way, the outcome was easily expected. Metro Manila, whose leaders allow use of pyrotechnics, has once again seen stray bullets, fires and injuries. Down South, Davao celebrates New Year quietly. Firecracker damage is something that can be eliminated, not just minimized.

I listened to Madam Auring predictions over a Manila radio station through a live Internet feed. I think her predictions are arbitrary and spontaneous. I may be wrong and she might get things work right the way she forecasted it but somehow she is also human, and the things I heard from those she talked to and tried to predict their lives for 2005 can't seem to reconcile.

2004 was a year to remember for me. Early that year I lost my job but in the second quarter I found another lease of life to stay in Hong Kong. There was that terrible ear infection. There were trips to Beijing, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia. The usual late hours of work at the office. Leaving Wan Chai after 2 1/2 years. Reunited with family and friends for Christmas after several months and birthday for the first time in the 21st century in Davao City.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home