Elmer Blogger

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Four Years in Hong Kong

I was on my way to Wan Chai to buy CD cases when I remembered something while aboard the MTR. I did not hesitate to send SMS to Karen, also involved in the milestone I almost forgot."Happy 4th Anniversary Karen" the text goes. We've been four years in Hong Kong. It's the same as taking my high school studies at HCM but I didn't seem to notice that much. It's longer than my tenure at Comcen and one more year and it's equivalent to spending college at UIC.

I have gone through several memorable events in the past four years and will be willing to share it online.

**********
Talking about college in UIC as mentioned I have been doing the college batchmate website over the past week. It is actually the fourth revision. Doing so is an all around task I did not mind. After all nobody asked me to do it. That is when passion comes over the responsibility. It's not yet finished but I am glad in what I see.

What I didn't like was the lame reaction from the people this site has been devoted for. It's difficult to make a page without gathering facts. So what I did is to e-mail many of them seeking for photos and updates. So far nothing came back to me. Honestly I am upset with these people. Florrey who has been my classmate only in my fifth year has the favorable response so far even if it was only a pledge. We seldom talk back in college but she responds well this time. Maybe because she is in the United States? Save for Ana May and Memem whose parenthood was featured recently in my latest article, the rest have been lame duck. Those whom I have often go to lunch with, those whom I share my secrets where no-shows and simply ignored my pleas. Nevermind, I will still continue to do this "passion".
**********
It's foggy here for the past two days that from our 34th storey office window, I barely see Central Plaza which is just across Wan Chai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home